Air loss can be one significant factor that can drive up your energy costs and make it hard to either heat or cool your home, depending on the time of year. This is why effective insulation is so important. It can help to reduce this air loss and make it easier to keep your home comfortable, no matter the time of year. Our expertise in insulation means we are the team you can rely on to help you both properly and effectively insulate your home so that you can maintain the perfect level of comfort and really save on your energy bills.
Insulation is also covered the extensive expertise that our service offers. Many people don’t fully realize just how beneficial and important proper and effective home insulation can be. Not only can it reduce the need for heating and cooling, which can really help you save, but it also offers a great range of practical benefits too, including being a great barrier against moisture and the problems moisture can cause. Our service is here to ensure that your home is properly and effectively insulated so that you can experience all of the great benefits.
Keep Your Home Comfortable
Whether during the summer or winter, keeping your home comfortable can often be a bit of a challenge. Proper insulation can make this task so much easier. Insulation can help to reduce air loss, helping to keep either cool or warm air in depending on the time of year. Reduced air loss means that your AC or heating system can more easily keep your home comfortable and at a consistent temperature. So, there’s no need to swelter through the summer or freeze through the winter anymore. Our service has got all you need to keep your home comfortable.
As well as being great for home comfort, proper and effective home insulation is also a great way to save money, especially in the long term. As mentioned, insulation can be one way to reduce your reliance on heating and cooling. Not only does this make it easier to keep your home comfortable, it also means that you can reduce the amount of energy you use for heating and cooling, which can help to reduce your energy costs each month. Over the course of many years, this can really add up to a pretty significant saving, which means more money in your pocket.
Prevent Problems with Moisture and Mold Growth
Insulation, especially in spaces like your attic or ceiling, can be an effective way to reduce problems with moisture. This is because insulation can act as an effective barrier against moisture, and this can help to significantly reduce the issues that moisture can cause, especially mold growth. Mold in particular can often grow in many out the way spaces in your home, such as your attic, where the humid conditions can really encourage it. Effective insulation can help to prevent such problems.
High-quality insulation is essential for an energy-efficient roof.
Before performing any roofing services, our specialists inspect your attic and roof to assess any damages or areas of concern. We will check the current attic insulation to determine its adequacy. If your attic insulation is inadequate, we may recommend that you add blown insulation to make your roof as energy efficient as possible.
Poor attic insulation has a negative impact on your home in a variety of ways, including:
- High utility bills – If your home lacks adequate insulation, temperature regulation becomes significantly more difficult to maintain, requiring your HVAC systems to use more energy and raising your utility bills significantly.
- Damaged home structure – Without proper temperature regulation, your home may experience excessive heat and moisture, contributing to the degradation of your home’s structure.
- Poor indoor air quality – Inadequate insulation allows air pollutants to enter your home through roof cracks. This can significantly reduce the air quality in your home over time.
- Reduced indoor comfort – Improper temperature regulation can cause significant temperature fluctuations in your home, making you and your family far less comfortable
- More HVAC wear and tear – As temperatures fluctuate, your HVAC systems must work much harder to keep your home at the proper temperature. They will work harder and more frequently, increasing wear and tear.
How to insulate an attic?
Adding insulation is an excellent way to lower your energy bills while making your home more comfortable. To insulate your attic, you must first decide on the type of insulation to use, the thickness of the insulation, and the amount of insulation required. To ensure proper ventilation, you must install attic baffles or vents.
To insulate your attic, you must first determine the depth of existing insulation to calculate R-Value. Many homes only have 4-5 inches of insulation, which is insufficient for proper air sealing. If the existing insulation is insufficient or not thick enough, increase the R-value to insulate your attic and make it more energy-efficient adequately and air sealing.
You can insulate your finished attic in two ways.
- Wrap insulation around the living room’s walls and ceiling.
- However, if you want to keep the area behind the knee wall from getting too hot or cold in the winter, apply insulation from the roofline down to the floor level and wrap it along non-living parts of the house walls and ceilings.
There are several types of insulation products available. The insulation services provided by Denver Metal Roofing Company are the most effective way to ensure that your attic is properly insulated. Our insulation specialists will assist you in choosing the right type of insulation, determining the thickness and R-value required, and installing attic baffles or vents to ensure proper ventilation. Call us today to find out more about our insulation services!
FREE INSTANT QUOTE
ENTER YOUR INFO BELOW